You can make an additional donation to either the Vision of Hope or OAO’s Political Action Committee after submitting the Join Online Now form. The Vision of Hope Foundation was formed to promote opticianry education, develop future opticianry leaders, and perform international, national and community based vision related mission work.
Join Online Now
Print Member Application
Members of the Opticians Association of Ohio receive:
- Latest News & Developments in the Opticianry Industry
- Reduced Rates to Regional Education Seminars
- Full Selection of Quality On-line CE Courses
- On-line Subscription to "Ohio Optician" E-newsletter
- Representation in State & National Government Affairs
- Networking with Peers & Professional Development Opportunities
- Free Job & Resume Postings
- Complete Members Only Website
- On-line Membership Card
- 2 for 1 Membership in the Opticians Association of America
As an OAO member, you also receive these Great Benefits from the Opticians Association of America:
- OAA Health Insurance Plan, www.oaahealthplans.com
- Office Depot Discount Card
- PartnerShip Program (featuring FedEx shipping Discounts)
- Sprint Wireless Program
- First Data Credit Card Processing Systems Discount Program
- Liberty Mutual Auto & Home Insurance Program
- Mutual of Omaha Disability Insurance Program
- Allied Storage and Moving Program
Call the OAO office at 800-661-5367, if you have questions.
Memberships within the Opticians Association of Ohio (OAO):
- Privileged Member - $79.00
- Must be a licensed optician, at least 62 years old, work less than 20 hours a week and been a member of OAO for at least 10 years.
- Active Member - $99.00
- Ohio Licensed or Certified Dispensing Optician
- Gold Member - $300.00
- Affiliate Member - $105.00
- Corporate Membership. Does not include individual members.
- Associate Member - $50.00
- Manufacture/Rep. Lab Technician Apprentice Paraoptometric Ophthalmologist Optometrist
- Student Member - $15.00
Contributions to the Opticians Association of Ohio are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. They are deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense, except that portion attributed to lobbying. The OAO estimates that 5% of your dues is attributable to lobbying and therefore, not deductible.